Tuesday, September 12, 2006

6/6/06 - While Rome Burns

The anniversary of the first cases of HIV reported back in 1981 was Monday June 5th. And what did our great President do on that day? Did he use the power of his "bully pulpit" to rally Americans to continue the battle against HIV? Did he meet with people living with HIV?

Perhaps he used the occasion to reiterate the importance of education, or the need to increase access to HIV drugs for low income patients.

No, President Bush used this once in a lifetime opportunity to come out strongly to amend the United States Constitution to forever ban same sex marriage.

Here is a question for my readers...."Do you think George Bush will go down in history as the WORST President we have ever had?" Let me know your thoughts. If you think there was a worse President, let me know.

I grew up with Nixon as President in the late sixties/early seventies. I never thought I would actually wish to have him back...but I think his failures and foibles were miniscule compared to the havoc and evil that Bush Junior has caused, and for which we will be cleaning up for decades to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home